Sunday, July 29, 2012

HARDER THAN AN IRONMAN?!??!!!

It took me all of 7 days to find something harder than completing an Ironman.  Getting an Ironman tattoo!!!!  Oh yeah...and it takes longer too.  Whereas it only took me 14:54:27 to do the race I have been trying to get a freakin tattoo for almost 30 hours now.  While the rest of the businesses in the country are struggling that doesn't seem to be the case for tattoo parlors.  Well at least the two I have gone to this weekend.  I visited the first with Kerry yesterday at noon.  Why noon you say?  Well that is what time they open and since they don't make appointments over the phone we had to go there and hope to get done as a walkin or make an appointment.  While this establishment opened the door at noon apparently the tattoo artists start whenever they feel like it.  The girl at the desk said they "should" be here shortly.  We went back around 12:45 and one of the two artists had shown up but had an appointment at 1.  I had a massage scheduled at 2 so I made an appointment to come back at 4 to have mine done.  I chatted with the artist and gave her a deposit and left Kerry there to wait for the other artist.  I returned at 4 and the artist was "finishing" up another client.  She then said she just had to clean up real quick and we would get started.  Now if you know me you know I am already pissed off.  I am Type A on time, responsible, times a wasting kind of person.  At 4:35 she said she was just going to smoke a quick cigarette and we would start.  I gritted my teeth together so hard I thought I would bust a molar and said fine.  Who wants someone in the middle of a nicotine fit taking a needle to their ankle?  In the time it would take me to run over a mile she was still smoking and talking to some random guy on the sidewalk.  That's it... I was done.  I walked out and said "Give me my money back I have more important things to do with my time" She said "I am done I am ready"  I said "I don't give a shit give me my money".  And I walked away.  Really??????????????????  Give me an f'n break.  Customer service???  Professionalism???? Apparently the Purple Scorpion in Salem, MA is rolling in the dough and doesn't need your business so don't bother going there.  New plan...Sunday afternoon I go to a place where Tracie went for a tattoo.  Place opens at noon.  I go around 12:30. Place is open but no tattoo artist.  He should be in around two or 3.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She tried to call someone in but no luck so she took my name and number and said they would call when they got in and I could come down.  Yeah right.  Apparently the Shining Star in Peabody, MA is also rolling in the dough because they just called me back right now at 5:40.  I don't know what the message says nor do I have any intention of listening to it because I sure as hell ain't going back there either.  So here I sit after 30 hours and two attempts with no tattoo.  I am going to New Hampshire next weekend to the place that did my first tattoo.  It shouldn't be this hard!!!  I think these two businesses should change there business hour signs to this
HOURS
EVERYDAY 12-9
UNLESS WE DON'T OPEN ON TIME.
TATTOO ARTISTS AVAILABLE WHENEVER THEY GET HERE
WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT OR CAN GET A RIDE OR ROLL OUT OF BED
GOOD LUCK
COME BACK SOON

Purple Scorpion and Shining Star you can kiss my Ironman ass.
P.S.  This is why I shouldn't keep writing a blog.  Political correctness is not my strongpoint.

10 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing!! So do I see an Olympic village in your future?? I think that's all that's left...
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what Deanne??? I had the same problem getting a tattoo down here in Fall River and Providence!!! I finally just gave up and decided to try again in the fall! One place I called over and over and got no answer and then when I went in (about 4 times)there was never anyone available or they said they would call back but never did. The other place I walked in at 3 and the place closed at 6 and the guy told me he was not taking anymore clients for the day. wtf??

    Did kerry get her tattoo????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess tattoo artists and athletes play by a very different set of rules Rachel. Yes Kerry did get her tattoo and it looks great.

      Delete
    2. who would have thought? i'm glad i don't believe in time, it sounds frustrating

      Delete
  3. Hilarious!!! Don't stop blogging. I am always guaranteed a laugh.

    Esther Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee, can't you get a "stick-on"? It would be a lot less painful and no waiting.....just saying. Love ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pissing my pants reading this...u definately need to keep blogging, please sissy it is in your blood now, there is no turning back, think of all of your followers...I told you tattoo artists are a whole different breed, stick with the NH thing and not one of these small fly by night places. I really think you might be on to something with that sign though, I bet there is a huge demand from businesses out there. U kill me Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog post is exactly why you should keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog, Deanne. You really tell it like it is and that's why we all love you so much. Keep up the Blogs. We all enjoy them.
    good luck in NH with your tattoo..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously dee you kill me! You really don't have one ounce of patience do you??? If you come here I bet you could get a tattoo right away! Good luck in NH with the tattoo thing and you better send pics of it-put Kerry's on too. Love you bunches and miss you already!
    Love sissy jack

    ReplyDelete