Sunday, July 15, 2012

T MINUS 7 AND COUNTING

Good morning village people!!!  It is 8:34 AM. 7 days from now at this very moment I will be somewhere in the 2nd loop of a leisurely swim with 3000 of my friends.  Yeah right!!  Still can't believe it is almost here and in all honesty everyday I am getting a little bit more excited and pumped up. I am also getting a little bit more overwhelmed but that is mostly logistics related to packing.  Today is get your shit organized and start to pack day.  I hate to pack for anything EVER so this is stressing me out because there is oh so much more involved than just a week and a half of vacation. Thank God I have Quinn to help me although I am pretty sure she doesn't share that sentiment.  Anyhow.. training this week went well.  Then again it was only 9.5 hours.  I had a pretty good 9 mile run Tues AM with Cindy.  I was pleasantly surprised since I had put 160 bike miles on my legs in the few days prior.  The only other workout of note was Saturday morning's ride.  I had to do 40 and Kerry had to do 2 hrs so we started together on our usual route.  We had a pretty good ride except Mother Nature felt it necessary to get in one last jab.  This time it was the wind.  Tail winds are awesome.  Headwinds SUCK.  As we headed out of Nahant on the causeway we were riding into a very strong head and cross wind.  I can honestly say that might have been the worst 1.5 miles of my life and that is pretty impressive given my biking luck this summer.  The crosswinds were threatening to blow me and my bike into the jersey barrier and the headwind was making me pedal as hard as if I was going up a freaking mountain.  Thanks Mother Nature...you beyotch.  2:24 mins later my 40 miles were done and it was time for my 2 mile run.  I actually felt pretty good on the run and was so happy with myself I expected some applause.  In retrospect I guess it was a good thing there wasn't any.
Kerry was going to Stiles today for a swim but after some thought I decided not to go.  I was supposed to take the day off and although a swim wouldn't matter I haven't had a weekend day off from training since APRIL 8TH!!!!!!!  It was so great to not wake up to an alarm at o'dark thirty although I did wake up at 4:15 and panic a bit because I thought I overslept for my swim, bike or run I was supposed to do.  I managed to go back to sleep until the late hour of 5:45 AM.  After all this time of early morning wakeups it really does become a habit.  I got up and made a pot of coffee and then Quinn and I headed out for an early morning ride to Revere Beach to see the sandsculptures minus the crowds.  I met some old friends down there and we spent some quality time together

They're a bit fragile but a good group!!!
Unfortunately, as happens everywhere I go there, there were a bunch of asscracks who ruined the morning.  I got a picture of one of them.  Bastards
Here an asscrack, there an asscrack, everywhere an asscrack
OK peeps I have to go give my bike a bath and start the packing nonsense before it gets too blistering hot.  I got my confidence and funny back so IMLP here I come!!


6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling better about everything today. I know that you have probably already covered this at some point but why does Kerry have a different training schedule than you? Anyhow that Maxine quote was hilarious and I love the sand sculptures asscrack and all! I am also becoming very excited and increasingly more anxious as time ticks away. I feel less worried about being murdered in my sleep as I have read recent reviews about the bed and breakfast but more anxious about the drive. Oh well-who cares about! I'll be there no matter what dee! IMLP here we all come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack....Kerry is following a plan from a book and I have a coach so that is why we have different training schedules. I am not sure Lake Placid will ever be the same once the Hobba family rolls into town!!!! Can't wait to see you.

      Delete
  2. I will be thinking of you a lot this week. You will be awesome. I'm in Chicago w/ Susan, Tracey and Collin, and reflecting on our collective visit to bid you well @ Chi-town marathon - that was a hard-core journey (the cheering, not your marathon participation, you had the easy part- I had to shuttle your Aunt Florane under a subway turnstile). I wish I
    could be there in person to cheer- know that my good thoughts are with you (and you know I have very few of them). May the asscracks always be at your back. I love ya Cuz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by now, and it's a spotlight, not a train. You deserve the biggest round of applause for all you've gone through these last weeks. My prayers this week will be that you finish the Ironman, but more important that you took the challenge and ran with it! Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dee..you are downright freakin hysterical....I love your 3 new friends, I hope I will get to hang with them someday, they look like a pretty fun group and I definately understand we can't go anywhere without running in to some kind of asscracks....i was soo happy to hear you today on the phone, you finally sound positive and pretty much YOU again....I am soo excited for you, and honored that I get to share this accomplishment with you....just get ready to hear it sissy...Deanne Hobba U R AN IRONMAN....I love You Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you this week as well. You are going to do an amazing job as your hard work and determination get you through this challenge. I think your LP peeps will have a more difficult time that you. As Chris pointed out, running all around a city trying to find you (especially when we were here and your were there but you weren't really there)is much more difficult than actually doing the swimming/biking/running, so my prayers are going to be with your peeps as well as with you. You are approaching a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete