Thursday, July 19, 2012

DAY 1:QUINN HAS BEGUN DRINKING

It was only a matter of time really.  The poor girl has tolerated me long enough and has finally thrown in the towel.
Breaking out the nips
It has been a whirlwind day.  We have been in Lake Placid since 11AM.  Just a quick recap in pics because I got shit to do and Quinn has shots to do.

10 lbs of shit in a 5lb space. Yeah Quinn
Picked up my registration stuff and in addition to heart palpatations got a sweet bag
I only had to pay $656.50 for this bag!!!!
They weighed me and put a bracelet on my wrist that I am not to remove under threat of penalty or death until after the race

Oh it's real now





We walked around a lot and enjoyed the weather.....until it snowed.  Yep Mother Nature hates me......at least it isn't race day.
Are you freakin kidding me:)
After lunch we walked over to Mirror lake.  It was so calm and serene I wished I could have just jumped in and did my swim then. 

Look how calm the lake looks!!!
Went to the cottage where we are staying at and unloaded the crap then hit the grocery store.

Tomorrow I am riding about 10-12 miles then running two.  After that I am meeting Kerry for a swim and then I have to start thinking about my race plan.  My coach wants me to write down for him what I plan on doing from the time I wake up race morning until the end of the race.  Now that will be epic.  I should probably leave out the Hail Marys, hyperventilating and throwing up parts.  Oh....I think Quinn just passed out.  Gotta go

5 comments:

  1. Wait...where did that snow come from....I do not understand, is it real??? I just talked to you and you failed to mention this. hey thats a pretty nice bag, I guess it should be for $656.50, jeez it that the friggin sale price or what....It looks awesome and I can not wait to get there. tell Quinnie to save some of the drinking for me, Pete, and Joshie, she's got a pretty big head start, but we are seasoned drinkers in this family and I am pretty sure we can catch up..I love you sissy...like i said it is waaayyyyy past GO TIME....I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to hell that the snow comment is a joke and the picture is faked because I am not bringing winter clothes! Please don't add to my anxiety! Hope Quinn saves a nip or two for me cause I think I'm gonna need it by the time I get there! Have a great day tomorrow and God willing I will see you all tomorrow night!
    Love
    Sissy jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap - what's with the snow?!?!?! I hope Quinn is drunk by now, but she does need to be sobered up by Sunday to take charge of the Hobba girls. Love them dearly, but they are going to be a mess with all of the excitement! I still wish I was there, but am going to try my best to play along at home! Have a wonderful week Deanne. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanne- maybe you should join Quinn and get shit-faced with her. Drunken Iron-man? Now that is a DiGiulio family sport!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinn, drink a few shots for me...................

    ReplyDelete