Saturday, July 21, 2012

LP DAY 2: TIME IS FLYING

My Lake Placid home.
 Despite setting my alarm for 7 the clock says it is 5:45 and my brain says "Umm NO...I am not going back to sleep".  I was hoping to get some extra rest last night because I know there will not be a great deal of sleep going on for me tonight.
Yesterday was another busy day and I can't believe how fast the day goes.  Another quick day in pics because once again.....I got shit to do! 

Met Kerry for a loop of the swim course.  The water was nice (74) and it looks like thanks to the colder temps here at night the race will be wetsuit legal for everyone.  There were a few people out there swimming that were nice enough to swim over top Kerry and I despite the fact they had plenty of room to go elsewhere.  IDIOTS.
After the swim Quinn and I headed back to the cottage.  It is the cutest little thing in the world.
                                          
Dining/kitchen area
After a shower and lunch we headed back into town to the Olympic Oval so I could spend some more money and get a few things I needed for the race.

My bike's home in transition


The finish line where I WILL become an Ironman
I also met up with my coach and loaded up on cowbells for my cheering squad.  We spent a few hours in town and then headed back so I could start to think about what to put in my gear bags.....my new stressor.  You get 5 bags for your stuff....bike gear (helmet, shoes, socks etc), run gear (shoes, socks, clothes, hat, etc), special needs run and bike (anything you would like access to halfway through each course) and morning clothes bag which really serves as OMG change out of those clothes after the race because you REEK bag.  You have to take into account any and all situations you may encounter and make sure you have what you need in these bags.  For instance...I have to have a spare pair of contacts in my bike bag in case I lose one in the swim.  I will have a spare tube and CO2 cartridge in bike special needs in case God Forbid I use the two on my bike.  And so on and so on.
I need to finalize this stuff today because I have to drop my bike and these bags off by 3PM today and will not have access to them again until tomorrow at 5AM when transition opens.
The family got here yesterday and when I got back from my athlete meeting last night I walked into a house full of laughter and chaos.  I laughed more in the next hour than I have in months.  Nothing beats family....especially mine.  Jacki is totally convinced now more than ever than she will be murdered at the B&B and apparently she is onto something because everyone else seems to think it could happen.  Maybe I should call them right now and make sure they made it through the night.   Ok burning daylight here gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. Your sister Jacki is soooooo funny. I am so excited for you kiddo. Savor every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh - you are so close now. I can imagine the fun you are having with your mom, sissy's and boy. Poor Quinn and Pete!

    You and Chris will be happy to know that I can now stalk, I mean see, you in Lake Placid!!!!!

    As Jeanne said - savor every moment. You are going to do a wonderful job!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I missed the comment where you told us we could track you...Justin had it on here, but I thought it was something just he could get into.....I'm still computer illiterate!! But I knew what was happening 'cause we kept getting & making calls, texts, etc. That cottage is really cute....I'd want to stay there (without having to do any extreme exercising, of course). I'm so glad your family was there to be with you. Cam't wait to hear all the stories. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete