Monday, January 9, 2012

The what and why of it all.

You are doing what they say. They being my awesome family.  An Ironman I reply.  Umm iron what???  You know that race where you swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 and run 26.2.  Seriously they say.  Seriously I say.  What the hell is wrong with you they say.  I have no answer to that one.  But why they say.  Simply because I can.  Because I was overweight my entire life and finally at the ripe old age of 33 I smartened up and spent the next two years losing 125 lbs through diet and exercise.  Once I did that I needed a new goal so I joined a triathlon training group because why not.  I hadn't ridden a bike in years, couldn't swim well (still can't!!!!) but I could run a little.  1 out of three ain't bad right?!  And so I did it.  I completed a sprint triathlon.  The girl whose only involvement in sports in high school was as a score keeper was now an athlete.  I was hooked and have since done several tris and other races.  So now the big goal..the granddaddy of them all..Ironman Lake Placid.  This blog is mostly for my family who with one exception all live way too far away from me so that they may understand what I do and why I do it and just what it will take to reach this goal.

3 comments:

  1. I simply love it sissy...I can not tell you how proud I am of you and can not wait to experience this journey with you all the way up to July 2012 when we go to Lake Placid. I will be right with you giving you all the love and encouragement you need, you have overcome so many obstacles especially last year and now you are onward and upward....I know you will rock this just like everything else you attempt...I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need an editor!!

    Other than that, this is a great idea! I can't wait to read it all and see what happens next. Way to go cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm Vince...really...I will drive to PA and pummel you. Please see my most recent post about people thinking they are the sheriff of grammertown!!!!! Love you Bincie!!!!

      Delete