Sunday, June 17, 2012

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

That is what I said when I looked at my training schedule for this week.  Actually what I really said was
It's crunch time people.  Peak training weeks.  It's getting ugly.  Highlights for the week were a total of 41 miles of running and a 100 mile ride on Saturday.  I said highlights so you know there was oh so much more.  SO here I sit on Sunday afternoon with enough ibuprofen running through my veins to put down a thoroughbred.
Amateur!!!
I racked up 20 hours of training this week.  Compare that to my first blog post about training when I did 18 hours over a 2 week period.  I guess it should come as no big surprise that I am flat-out exhausted.  It hit me Thursday like a ton of bricks. I had a 8 mile run in the AM which went fine.  I headed off to work and that is when it started.  I fought all day just to stay awake.  I had difficulty even staying awake to drive home and I only live 7 miles from work.  I simply could not imagine how I was going to go home and run another 8 miles because that is what I was supposed to do.  I even considered taking a nap when I got home and running later on but that doesn't really work for me SO  I put on my big girl panties (and my compression shorts) and got it done.  It wasn't pretty at the end but I got my 8 miles in.  I have had to put my big girl panties on so many times this week that I need to get a shirt that says
Saturday's bike ride went well considering I had to sit my ass on a tiny little bike seat for over 6 hours.  I had Kerry for company for almost four of them till we had to part company because she only had to ride 5.5 hrs.  I was a much better biking partner this week and didn't lose her. When I finished I had to run 1 mile.  That was 1 ugly mile my friends as my legs couldn't quite figure out how to run after turning in circles for so long.  Today I had a measly 2 hour ride.  Crazy how anything less than 5 hrs on a bike seems short these days.  My ass and girly parts however were not amused that I was getting back on a bike again so soon and let me know it.  Despite the pain I knocked
out another 35+ miles on the bike today. While I don't feel tired while actually training the second I am done I feel the exhaustion again.  I napped yesterday and took 2 naps today!!!  So onward and upward to next week which BTW is even uglier than this one.  If my arms, legs and ass don't fall off by next week I will end up putting in 23 hours of training.  Friday Kerry and I are headed to Lake Placid for training camp.  This is a huge weekend for us.  We will run, bike and swim on the race course.  It will give us a good idea of what we are up against come race day.  I have no idea what the week after that holds but if it is anything more than next week this will be my new mode of transportation and Quinn will need to be my driver.
Speaking of Quinn she informed me that more of my blog should be about her since she has to put up with me all the time.  Here is what I get from Quinn when I complain.....suck it up little camper.  Here is what she calls me.......peanuthead(apparently she thinks I have a small head). I mean really.... how hard can it be to live with me? I am out of the house by 4am most days and not home until 5:30ish at night.  Ok so I pretty much leave my crap wherever it may fall and the sink is constantly filled with water bottles and I get very cranky when I am tired or hungry (all the time these days) but other that that I am perfectly lovely!!!!!  OK my back is killling me so I have to go lay on the heating pad now.  Check back next week for the training camp details!!!

4 comments:

  1. The comment about the big girl panties cracked me up and I must agree with Quinnie that she should be mentioned more frequently in this blog as I am sure she is quite ready to choke the life out of you. You are truly fortunate to have such an incredible support system in her Dee! Can you even believe that the Ironman is almost here? I can't wait to hear about how the weekend in Lake Placid goes and as always I am thankful that you still have your arms and legs!

    Love you
    Sissy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I was going to comment yesterday, but I was so tired after reading what you have done in the past week that I had to take a nap! I really did it for you because I know you probably don't have time to take them with all of the training, working and leaving dirty water bottles laying around.

    I cannot wait to hear about your trip to Lake Placid. I hope that it goes the way you want it to!

    Keep up with the training - you CAN do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "marathon" is over. I've finally caught up on your blog! I really enjoyed it and wish I was able to join yinz in lake placid. However I think Liam would probably act like an ass the whole time. Now I'm going to go find something to train for, maybe a 5k or a meatball eating contest.... I'll let you know when I decide. Love you all and good luck dee!!

    Ps this family f'n rocks... In case ya didn't know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freakin hysterical ....I too am always glad to hear that you have managed to keep your arms and legs, those will definately come in handy for the Ironman. Justin I do not believe Liam could or would ever act like an ass...you on the other hand are all about that, and I definately think you will totall KILL the Meatball Eating contest.......other than that sissy, I totally love you and know that you are just awesome and you are going to fabulous in July.. I am already getting worked up about how hot it is gana be and all the walking we r gana have to do....but somehow we will muddle through.....keep on truckin sissy...I love you

    ReplyDelete