Sunday, May 13, 2012

THE VILLAGE PEOPLE PART 6.......MOM

Happy Mother's Day Mom and all you other mothers reading this blog.  Once again since it is my blog, my rules, I will say I have the BEST mom EVER.  If you disagree....get your own damn blog:)  Anyhow.....I really have no idea where to begin when I talk about my Mom.

Me and Mom at the Chicago Marathon
Me and Mom in Lincoln, NH
 I think in a lot of ways we are very different.  My Mom puts everyone's needs in front of her own.  Need something cleaned, something cooked, driven somewhere, something watched, someone visited, something organized, someone prayed for.....ask Dee she'll do it.  Not me Dee of course.  While we share a name thanks to Ariel I do not share my Mom's do for other's tendencies.  She is way nicer than I will ever be.  I have been telling my Mom for years she needs to take bitch lessons and learn the word NO and really who better than me to teach her.  I don't think it will do any good though because that is not who she is.  Kind, caring, nurturing, giving, forgiving and awesome.  Those things that drive me nuts sometimes about her are also what make her special.  I am pretty sure I am a big reason why my Mom spends so much time at St. Anthony's and has a hotline to the rectory.  We have this thing called "Every other day" which is what we call it every Tues and Fri when I call my Mom on my way home from work.  Of course it really isn't every other day but whatever.  99% of the time in that few seconds between me dialing my Mom and her answering, someone in the car in front of me will piss me off and I will be spewing the F-word in every grammatical form out there when she picks up the phone.  That used to get me a "Deanne Marie watch your language!!" but now she just starts laughing and tells me she is going to put my name on the prayer circle. I do believe I have a standing reservation on the St. Anthony prayer circle.  My Mom is my biggest cheerleader and has seen most of my major races.  I couldn't dream of doing Lake Placid without her there to see me.  As I have mentioned before there is no place on this earth I would rather be than sitting at my Mom's kitchen table having coffee with her.  No one can take care of me like my Mom can and it helped so much to have her here after my bike crash.  Well not that I remember but I am sure it did.  I am still most impressed by my Mom's ability to know what is best for me and understand what I need to do even though it scares the crap out of her.  One of the very few things I remember about her being here after the crash was her NOT physically pulling me off my trainer when I decided after 12 days it was time to get back on the bike again.  She did come in the room and check on me about 700 times in that 30 min time span but she let me try it.  She tells me all the time how amazed she is by me and what a strong person I am but I don't think she gets that I am that way because I learned from her.  Let's face it Dolores...you have had your share of heartache and trauma in this world and have always bounced back stronger and better.  Monkey see monkey do.  I wish I could give you the world on a silver platter Mom because you deserve it.  I can't but I will say that I love you with all my heart and soul and thank you so very much for ALWAYS being there when I need you and making me feel safe, happy and loved. Thank you for teaching me to be an awesome cook and for attempting to make me like to clean.  At least you succeeded with Jacki and Tracie on that one.  I wish you lived closer to me so I could see you whenever I wanted but until you smarten up and move here we will always have EVERY OTHER DAY and the other 2 or three times a week we usually talk to each other.  You are my hero MOM.  You are truly a rockstar!!!
Mrs. Hobba goes to Fenway

4 comments:

  1. Dee San truly is a remarkable person! Each of the sisters are pretty uniquely amazing in their own right!!! I guess they learned from the best :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Mugga is the best though...i ran the statistics and she pulls ahead by about four points, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh seriously....well said my sissy. Momma is truely a remarkable person and by far the best mom on the planet....the woman truely never, ever puts herself first, she has always taken care of us no matter what she was facing in her own life..........we are very blessed to have her in our lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me so long to comment but I actually forgot about it until right now. I also have to agree that we were blessed with the most incredible mother anyone could ever hope for. I truly do not know what I would do without her!

    Sissy Jack

    ReplyDelete