Monday, May 28, 2012

JUST HOW DID YOU GET IN THAT THING????

Oh my peeps...it is a double blog weekend.  First let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM.  I love you and hope you have a wonderful day.  Second let me say while most people were spending the weekend at cookouts drinking beer and eating hot-dogs I was putting in 110 miles on my bike, 15 miles of running and 1.5 hrs of swimming.   Don't worry though...I found time to chow down in an epic manner also!!!  When there is a will there is a way.  So this morning Kerry and I headed to Stiles Pond in Boxford to see how our wetsuits fit and get a feel for the open water.  Kerry bought a new wetsuit this year that she hasn't tried on and I was going to try out Cindy's since hers has sleeves and mine doesn't.  We got lost on the way there.  We finally found the place and it was pretty crowded.  There were quite a few crazy people just like us testing the waters.  Quinn came along for moral support and for laughs.  She knew the whole putting on a wetsuit thing was going to be a freak show.  We didn't disappoint.  It is probably best to just chronicle this in pictures.  I apologize in advance for any excessive skin.  Putting on a wetsuit is scary business people.
I really hope no one is watching this
Does this make my thighs look big???


I need a nap now but were in.

I can't get the crotch above my knees!!






Do we really have to swim?  Hey...what are you looking at?
After a 45 min drive there, probably a good 20 mins wedging ourselves in the suits we set out for our swim.  15 minutes later we were done.  Yep..all that work for 15 minutes.  It was really just a test of the suit.  The water was nice which is good.  Next week I will hopefully get the opportunity to really get in a swim.  Not looking forward to it.  Did I mention I hate swimming????





1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha ...love the pics and of course the captions are even better....it seriously looks like you guys have on freakin snowtubes. I was tired just lookin at the pictures....I gotta say you both look pretty good in them and I would think its not easy looking appealing in a wet suit...

    ReplyDelete