Sunday, October 7, 2012

A NEW TRADITION

After many many years of being parade watchers it has become apparent that Ariel and I will now become permanent parade crashers.  We had an absolute blast Thursday night and all of you blog peeps will be happy to know that we did not throw one piece of candy towards anyone's head.  In fact...brace yourself....we had so much fun no one even got on our nerves.  UMM WHAT???!!!!  Yep it's true.  First off let's talk about the costumes.  Once again Quinn outdid herself and with $20 of material and 45 minutes made us look like this.

I like your taste in clothing!!!!

Pretty cool huh?!  I would expect nothing less from someone who looks like this

Clearly she looks brilliant
Thankfully the rain ended around 5 Thursday and we headed downtown for dinner.  After eating my weight in chips, salsa and a burrito we went back to the car and Quinn dressed us.  We weren't 200 feet from the car when a young college kid and his girlfriend stopped and asked to take a picture with us.  Since we looked like penguins we decided we should walk like them
We stopped at our usual parade viewing spot and waited for Kerry and the penguins from the Carlton School to come by.  They were towards the beginning of the parade so we were in the parade in no time.  We marched along handing out candy and waving to the crowds.  We marched the whole way to the end at the Salem Common and got kudos from the assistant principal and a kindergarden teacher at the school.  Nothing liked getting thanked for crashing a parade.  A women at the Common asked to video us and a guy from England asked to take our picture to show to his "mates" back home.  As usual Ariel and I spent the whole night cracking each other up with our warped sense of humor.  As the bagpipers went by I declared "I love men in skirts".  When the cop on the segway went by she looked at me and said "Paul Blart..mall cop".  Some other random things we said or were said to us in my favorite run-on sentence style of writing are ...Hoooooooo. He is totally rocking that dress. Attention attention we have two penguins busting a move at the common. Don't worry I just removed a layer of skin. Are you two related?.  What a fun night so looks like it is a go from now on.  More candy next year and new costumes.  Not going to commit to not pelting someone with candy though.  It is bound to happen eventually.  For me Thursday was simply awesome.  After work I talked to my nephew Josh for 25 minutes on the phone and then spent the next few hours with Ariel.  Those two mean the world to me.
I am by the way still working out despite not blogging about it much.  I am sort of kind of training for my marathon in November.  I am running 4 days a week and over 30 miles a week but don't really have the long runs in that I should.  Oh well.  On Saturday Kerry, Patty, Cindy, Bonnie, Steve and I did a run on the marathon course.  It is a 12.5 mile loop and I did 4 miles before.  Overall I felt ok and managed to not face plant.  There were two parts of the course that had puddles you simply had to run through.  Nothing like submerging your feet in ankle deep water 4 miles into a run.  That is the fun of trail running though and it didn't bother me one bit.  The race is all about fun so I am not getting worked up about it.  I miss my bike believe it or not.  The weekend weather hasn't really been cooperating so my biking outside has been minimal.  As far as swimming goes.......still hate it and it is even harder now to go because I don't really have to.  Who cares.  I still manage to get there twice a week..usually. BTW only 30 days till vacation.  BAHAMAS baby!!!  That is how you recover from a marathon.  Sun, sand and frozen beverages.

8 comments:

  1. You both look adorable!!! (Quinnie, you did a great job!!) Glad you were nice with the candy and it seems like everybody loved you guys (well, penguins ARE adorable!!) The video is cute...Mugga & I cracked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes Dee and Ariel. Kudos to you Quinnie! I seriously cannot believe that not one single person got on either of your nerves-I believe that is what may be called a miracle. I do have to say Dee that Ariel does a much better penguin walk than you-truthfully you kind of looked like you had shit your pants! Love to all!!

    Love
    Sissy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. You people are warped!!!! Great costumes - Quinn well done! I have to admit that I am a little disappointed that you didn't injure anyone with the candy though. Have no fear, for all the people that did not irritate you on Thursday, I am certain that I made up for it here. I did have to work, after all - and they all get on my nerves these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna see a vid of you guys busting penguin moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If indeed there was one Vince I would glady post it. Love and miss you Bincie!!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic costumes, Quinn. Uncle Jim would fight you for those eyeballs!! We used to have a similar set but don't know what happened to them. Sounds like you and Ariel had a blast, Deanne. You look terrific and I love the video.. I think I walk like that just naturally..

    ReplyDelete
  6. U guys were truely awesome......I know Ariel had soo much fun she is still talking about it, Dee and Ariel are like true partners in crime...a Bonnie and Clyde of sorts.....I am very proud of you both for your restraint...I am kinda disappointed that you didn't pelt anyone even with a piece of gum....heres looking forward to next year ladies. Oh and yes Ariel is a wayyyy better penguin walker than you dee....u kinda looked like an R-Tard

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to finally meet you, though you totally showed we Carlton penguins up.

    ReplyDelete