Sunday, September 9, 2012

UMM YEAH....THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARK

Hello my blog-following peeps... big news on the blog front.  Despite bonding all summer over Ironman training, spending umpteem hours together sweating and enduring grueling conditions and accomplishing together the biggest challenge we have ever undertaken, I have finally found Kerry's threshhold for our friendship.  She simply refused to allow me to use her ass to cushion my fall while running yesterday.  Sad I know.....I was a bit choked up myself. Anyhow this is how it all came about.  Cindy, Kerry and I went to Lynn Woods yesterday to get in a two hour run.  Now I love running in the woods but the one bad thing about it is when you get tired running you start dragging your feet a bit.  This isn't so bad on the roads but the kiss of death in the woods where the trails are full of rocks and tree branches.  About an hr and 25 mins in I was dragging ass and my feet when boom.....my foot hit a rock and I started that slow motion "oh crap I am going down" dance.  There was pretty much nothing I could do to stop it.  Now Kerry was running in front of me and upon hearing that unmistakeable sound of someone hitting a rock and then the cascade of dragging feet she said and I quote "I felt something coming and I wasn't sure exactly what it was but I knew I didn't want to get caught in it so I took off."  So there you have it peeps.  I could have landed softly on Kerry's ass but instead hit the ground and executed a stunning slide depositing tons of dirt and gravel into both hands.  Whatever Kerry!!!!  Seriously though thank God she sped off because given the fact that I easily have 20+ lbs on her I would have taken her down like a bowling ball meeting a bowling pin.  Once I got back on my feet we surveyed the damage.  Both palms were bloody and both knees were already sprouting bruises.  Kerry squirted water from her bottle onto my hands to try and wash away some dirt and gravel from the cuts.  Cindy offered up the back of her shorts for me to wipe the blood off but I used my own shorts instead.  She kept pointing to her ass saying "right here" "right here".  Now I knew what she was talking about but Kerry thought she was asking her to squirt water there and could not figure out why the hell Cindy wanted her ass squirted with water.  What a crew we are.  Like any self-respecting runner I walked a few minutes to make sure everything worked and nothing I needed for running hurt and said "Let's go finish this run!"  And so off I went dripping blood for 35 more minutes.  When I got home I had Quinn help me clean up the wounds as much as I could tolerate without crying like a girl.  OMG that hurt. Once again Quinn had to break out multiple first-aid products to put me back together again.  Talk about high maintenance!!! They look pretty good today but my hands are very sore.  Unfortunately you can't appreciate the bruising in the pictures.


In retrospect it could have been worse........this could have happened


Now that would really leave a mark!!!!
I think that might truly be the last straw for my friends.  I have traumatized them enough without breaking out my pasty white ass for them to see!!!!  Cindy, Kerry and I reunited this morning for a bike ride and spent an enjoyable 40 some miles together.  It rained but we kept on riding.  It was like wild kingdom out there. I am pretty sure the animals are planning a takeover because they were in groups today...4 deer, 6 turkeys, a gaggle of geese (no kidding...there were at least 50 of them), 3 horses and squirrels galore.  I did see a few horses asses also but they were in cars trying to see how close they could come to me on the bike.  Idiots. Just how many geese do you need to qualify for a gaggle anyhow?  Anyone out there know?  Anyhow..other notable weekend stuff..went out to dinner last night with Tracie, Ariel and Quinn and had an awesome time.  The only drawback was the little shit sitting at the table behind us who felt the need to scream frequently throughout dinner at the top of his lungs in an ear-piercing tone pissing off just about the entire restaurant.  Now I would never harm a child but I truly wanted to choke the life out of this kids parents.  Idiots.  One more note before I sign-off...a special shout out to Mef (my Aunt Beth for non-family readers) who is in the hospital after a set-back from her hip surgery.  Keep strong Mef and be positive.  I love you!!!!

6 comments:

  1. hahaha.... again, another highly entertaining read! The only two times I have fallen while running have both been in the woods and I know all about the sore and bloody palms. Yuck. I also didnt have Kerry's ass to break my fall. ;-)

    Do you track mileage in the woods? Do GPS watches work well there? Mine mostly works on the trails I run on but they are connected to roads and arent exactly deep in the woods..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually run for time in the woods as opposed to trying to get in a certain number of miles. My GPS works fine but the difficulty of the trails drags down our pace substantially.

      Delete
  2. Hope your hands and knees are better by now. You know if you look up "KLUTZ' in the dictionary, you see a picture of the Di Giulio family!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously...you are killing me, even though I already heard the part about Kerry taking off because she heard something, and Cindy wanting her ass squirted,,,I again laughed hysterically. You girls truely kill me....and yes I agree you have traumatized them far too much. yes we did have an awesome time at dinner and I would have like to drop flaming hot fajitas on that ugly little brat behind us.....hahahaha...ps in case you didnt know it sissy you rock and I Love Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I think Kerry had the right idea - as much as I love you, I don't think I would have let you fall on me either. Sorry! Also - if you would have let Pete sit at the table with you ladies, he wouldn't have been crying and making a scene!!! Just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words, Dee...I'm sitting here attached to my anti-biotics on one side & the wound-vac on the other, so I won't be running for a while (actually, I haven't run in years!. But you keep on runnin', just don't fall again. Hope you don't hurt too much!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete