Sunday, March 4, 2012

THE VILLAGE PEOPLE PART 2......SISSYS

A while back I wrote about how I have acquired a village to join me on the IM journey.  Two very important and invaluable members of my village are my sisters Jacki and Tracie.  Just thinking of them makes me smile.  Growing up we fought like cats and dogs.  Always two against one but the teams changed all the time depending on what we were fighting about.  We also followed the stereotypical birth order personalities.  I was the oldest (well-behaved and over-achieving), Jacki in the middle was the troublemaking black sheep of the family and Tracie as the youngest was the do no wrong spoiled brat.
We look so angelic and innocent!!!!
 I couldn't ask for two better sisters and although I know all of you think you have the best sisters you are wrong.  I do.  Hands down.  Since this is my blog I win.  SO THERE.  I would do anything for my sisters and inflict bodily harm on anyone who attempted to hurt them.  Just a few examples of what we do for each other......Jacki lost a contact a few years ago at a family gathering so I made her an eyepatch so she wouldn't have blurry vision all day.
AHH MATEY...made from a paper plate, foil, garbage ties and runnerbands
Tracie desperately needed an endoscopy to figure out what was going on with her stomach and it kept getting postponed so Quinn, Ariel and I offered to do it instead.  She declined for some reason.  Whatever.  Just trying to help.
I thought we looked competent enough to pull this off!!!!
SO if I could be one place in the world it would be at home on my Mom's couch sitting with Jack and Tray.  Of course we would be sitting on 1/8th of the couch  on top of each other with Jacki digging her feet under my legs.  It doesn't matter how much space is available, the three of us always sit next to and on top of each other.  Undoubtably we would be hysterically laughing most likely about nothing.  I am not sure we ever really know what we are laughing about.  Of course after all that laughter our eyes will be watering and tears running down our faces which inevitably leads to Jacki asking "Do I have black on my face?". This will of course start us laughing all over again.  The three of us together provide much entertainment for the rest of the family.  I hate hate hate that Jacki lives so far away.  I  miss her always and so much.  As far as I am concerned Jack had the world's best laugh.  Once she starts it is all over because hearing her makes me laugh.  Last week we did "Facetime" using her IPhone and Quinn's IPad. What a great thing to be able to talk to and see her at the same time.  As soon as the connection was made and we saw each other guess what we did.....yep..started hysterically laughing.  Jacki would like you to believe she is a hard ass but she really isn't.  Under that tough exterior she has a heart of gold and a soft-spot for the underdog.  Since she lives so far away she doesn't see me race very often so it was awesome that she surprised me and came to Chicago to see me run the marathon.  I am so glad she got to experience that atmosphere.  Lake Placid will be infinitely more amazing with her there. In addition to providing me with so many incredible memories she also gave me an amazing nephew...Josh.  Having Tracie here with me is a Godsend.  We often joke that we are the orphans of the family since we are so far away from everyone else.  Not only do we live less than eight miles from each other but we work at the same place.  The best time of the day is my morning hug from my sissy Tray.  I think we provide amusement to people at work especially if they are listening to our conversations which go a bit like this...."So we need to" "Yes how about tomorrow" "Ok" "Don't forget to" "I won't". Conversation over ......most of it takes place in our heads.  We spend a lot of time on the same wavelength so words are unnecessary sometimes.  Tracie possesses a phenomenal inner strength and I hope someday she finally realizes what an amazing person she is and how much she has overcome.  Tracie has had the opportunity to see many races and I couldn't imagine not having her there in Lake Placid.  There is no way I could get through life up her without her.  She has been one of my biggest cheerleaders!!!!  She too has provided me with many incredible memories and an amazing gift.....my beautiful niece Ariel.  So to both of my sissy's..you are incredible people, wonderful mothers and I could NOT imagine not having you in my life.  I simply can NOT wait to share this IM experience with you.  I love you sissys.
The world's best sisters!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Seriously dee I am lol and crying at the same time. It was truly amazing and I second everything you said . I love both of my sisters with all of my being and I realize how fortunate we are to have such a close relationship because looking at the people I know in life the kind of closeness we share is rare! I can't think of many people I would rather spend time with than my sissys because it is always a blast with a lot of laughs. As much as I wish we could be together more often I don't think we would appreciate each other as much as we do. I look so forward to spending the time in lake placid with you all! So to the both of you-I love you so much and miss you bunches! There is so much more I could say but in the interest of time and space and the fact that josh will be dead inside halfway through this-I will end with keep on truckin dee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear Lord Helen...this is the big one....R U Serious...this is the greatest thing I have ever read....Jacki get ready Mom's gana need her heart shocked when she reads this....I didnt think it was possible to laugh hysterically and cry like a newborn the next..I just wish everyone could experience the sisterhood we share, true it wasn't always like this but who is when you are young?? We share such an amazing closeness and love each other fiercely and by NO means whatsoever would ever let anyone hurt our sisters....I love you both more than words can say...and you are definately 2 of my favorite people on this big earth...Chicago was one of the best times in my life, I can not wait to top it in Lake Placid..P.S. Joshie...you really aren't dead inside ..this is mild to some of the things we've done to you...Big Bus goes....kcchhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Deanne, you've done it again - made me reach for the Kleenex. What memories you dig up for us. Who can ever forget
    the love and laughter this family has had together. And not to take anything away from you and your sisters, but my sisters and I have been lucky enough to share the same kind of love. It must be a FAMILY thing. Aren't we so blest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo proud of you Deanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enough with the tear-jerkers. Sorry to spoil yours, your sisters and your Aunt Lorrie's (a/k/a my wonderful mother's)beliefs - I have the absolute BEST sisters in David and Chris. They are both such wonderful girls!!! I know Jeanne will agree with me!

    ReplyDelete