Saturday, February 11, 2012

STOP, DROP AND ROLL

No need to be alarmed kids, this is not a blog post about fire safety.  I will leave that up to Josh.  Mission accomplished boy. Game on.  Sorry about that-private joke.
Firefighter Josh Hobba on the job
Anyhow...stop, drop and roll is what allows me to train at this level without my legs falling off or my back breaking in half.  All of this swimming, biking, running and strength-training can put a hurtin' on you after a while.  Muscles get tired, sore, and cranky....just like me.  If you're not careful, before you know it, you are walking around like a 90 year old.
Ohhh my back
 My favorite tools to prevent this from happening are a high-density foam roller, a stick, a tennis ball and a heating pad.  While in the picture these things are all nicely lined up

Can't live without these
on my couch that is not where they can usually be found.  Most of the time they are smack-dab in the middle of the living room floor and this pisses Quinn off to no end.  Frankly I am amazed that I have not had to have any one of them surgically removed from any given body orifice.  Trust me...there have been plenty of threats made along those lines.  She just doesn't understand :)  Pretty much everytime I walk into the living room I stop, drop to the floor, roll my quads and iliotibial bands on the foam roller, use the stick to attack my calves, lie down with the tennis balls under my arse and lower back and then plop on the couch with the heating pad behind my lower back. AAHHHHHHH.  This scene repeats itself at least twice a night during the week and 3-4 times on weekend days.  Whatever it takes man...whatever it takes!!!!!  I will end this post with a challenge to the Ohio contingent of the family.  While the Pennsylvania and Illinois peeps have all piped in with comments I haven't heard anything from the Ohioans so .......hello.......anyone there???  If you are reading leave a comment.  It's a family blog and I would love to hear from youns!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh prob not my best side!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all josh all your sides are perfect! Dee and tray remember 'oh my aching back'? That's what came to mind when I read this! Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yeah boy, not sure if this shout out on Dees blog is gana work for you, but lets just give it some time and see...Dee why did you use my pic of me walking with my cane.....How RUTE!!!!!!. It definately is a wonder that Quinnie hasn't killed you yet, you are quite messy with your little props

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be a stereotypical hippie, but have you tried yoga? You gotta get your stretch on cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vince you are a hippee but that is one of the things I love about you!! Have tried yoga...HATED it. My type A mind does not do well with "clear you mind, be one with the floor blah blah blah"

      Delete